One Woman's Search for Not A Gotdamn Thing Across All the Countries She's Able to Take Her Broke Ass

1.02.2010

Yogyakarta, Java (Day 13 Cont'd, Saturday, 080809)

| |

Next up's the Mendut Temple--not quite the same scale as Borobudur...


(I have this weird obsession with taking photographs at an angle. As if that'll make the photo more interesting. It doesn't really work.)


--and there's a guy standing at the entrance with a reflecting panel the better to help tourists take their shoddy digital photos.



The interior of the temple is not so interesting to me. I'm more fascinating by the sheer size of the mangrove-y lookin' tree across the way, and spend some time underneath it trying to take a photo'll that'll do it justice.



Despite several attempts, and a couple of near tumbles, this is the best I can do from below:



It's actually a banyan tree--aka Bodhi Tree--under which Buddha attained enlightenment. No such luck for me.

I pass out on the ride back, then scurry to the hotel room and curl up under the covers to ride out the intestinal storm while Eric and David breakfast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment