One Woman's Search for Not A Gotdamn Thing Across All the Countries She's Able to Take Her Broke Ass

1.07.2010

Yogyakarta, Java (Day 14 Cont'd, Sunday, 080909)

| |

The boys have dragged my ass out of my afternoon nap (interrupted by call the prayer--assholes!) for a performance of the Ramayana at Prambanan, the largest Hindu temple in Indonesia. Here's the view from the raised platform of the bus stop:



After waiting futilely for a bus, we realize that we're (comparatively) rich Americans, and that a taxi would be infinitely more comfortable. Unfortunately for us, despite the taxi, the show's closed or over by the time we arrive.

Here's what we would have seen had we gotten there in time:



I'm not so secretly relieved. In spite of the allure of ancient ruins, I'm not really in the mood to sit quietly through a performance that would no doubt be too long for my ADHD; plus, it woulda been too dark to walk around the temple structures, and that's really what gets my travel-panties wet.

The boys blame me and accuse me of rigging our tardy--and, I mean, I do have a magic vagina, so...

Instead, it's dinner at Bladok again. Sirloin with black pepper sauce, fries, coke, and iced black tea.

And street performers...(pengamen, I think the groups are called):

0 comments:

Post a Comment